Choose Your Own Adventure

We are doing something new! From now on this will serve as an arts blog. As a dancer, I've never really enjoyed dance magazines because of the "fluff" articles in them. Through this blog I will review arts shows, interview artists, feature articles about arts politics, trends, and work going on in Halifax, NS, and the world!

Thursday 2 July 2015

Arrivals

Kay, so love and miss you TO, but here we go AUSTRIA!

Firstly, my last few days in TO were magic. So lucky to have such beautiful friends that came out to party this week. Lovely Marco, Andrew, and Sebastian were next on the must see list. And just like old times me and Lea spent some valuable time catching up. I fell in love with my friends again and there are no greater people to wish me well on my adventures... Except maybe J.R. (the boyfriend), but friends you made my days so thank you!

Wednesday morning/Canada Day I wake up bright and early to Skype the BF and wish him Happy Birthday Day!

PS sorry for leaving the continent on your BDay...

First order of the day is coffee with the bro, sis-in-law, and nephew. Got a cappuccino to get into the Vienna mindset and feeling good. Go to the park and play around with the little nephew William and head home to tackle the job that is packing...

Laundry, organizing, folding, packing, calling credit card company, call my bank, get my phone unlocked, etc. For sure a stressful morning. This is the first trip I've organized entirely by myself, so getting nervous. Thankfully I've got my whole family cheering me on. My brother generously gives me a lift to Toronto Pearson International Airport and drops me off like this:


And then I took off at sunset:


8hrs of being in the air and going forward in time did a number on my sleep schedule, and having a cold and/or allergies didn't help. Anyhow, I made it to Frankfurt on time so I can catch the connecting flight to Vienna. This flight, being only 1.5hrs, and me being dog tired, lead to me passing out in a deep sleep for the whole hour and a half. I feel waaaaaay better.

So in the heat of 28degrees that is Europe, I caught a very pleasant cab from the airport to the beautiful flat I'm staying in. Using AirBnB I found the lovely Andrea who gave me her bedroom for the 6 weeks I'm here. The keys left out for me, I let myself in to find a flat full of character and personality. Decorated eccentricly, and with a kind note left on the table, the apartment welcomes me to take a much needed nap. Zźzzzz.

Happy travels!
G

4 comments:

  1. It was such a great night spent with you my love. I wish you ALL the best on this journey of yours... S2
    Much love,

    Marco. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marco! Miss and love you lots, and much luck on your show with Sharon! xx

      G

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to keep reading these posts!! Hope you have an amazing trip. Post pictures of your flat! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara! Next post will be all about the flat then ;)

      xx
      G

      Delete