Choose Your Own Adventure

We are doing something new! From now on this will serve as an arts blog. As a dancer, I've never really enjoyed dance magazines because of the "fluff" articles in them. Through this blog I will review arts shows, interview artists, feature articles about arts politics, trends, and work going on in Halifax, NS, and the world!

Friday 8 January 2016

IT'S OVER!!!

I'm done. It's now Friday, the first day of reintroducing food back into my diet. By the last day of the cleanse I was very ready to be done... I potentially could've gone longer had I not been eating so much of the same foods and textures all of the time. I bought a ton of food before the cleanse so I would be prepared and always have food I could eat, but I ended up not having enough variety, which really affected my mood.

Overall, the cleanse helped me figure out what I want from food instead of mindlessly eating junk. I'm also even more motivated to eat well. The cleanse didn't exhaust me, just fuelled the flame for change! 

So today I had decided on a chocolate and peanut butter smoothie for my first breakfast:

-natural peanut butter
-cocoa powder
-honey
-coconut milk
-avocado
-spinach

It was very delish, but I couldn't finish it. It was very rich and filling. I also knew I would be going to all you can eat sushi for lunch with my guy, so I didn't want a full breakfast. I for sure stuffed myself with sushi (maybe a bit too much), but I was happy to reward myself. Also the chewy texture of sushi was excellent to have after nothing but crunch. 

For the next little while I have decided to stay away from fried foods (for obvious reasons), bready foods with added sugars and lots of carbs, and restaurant foods. I'm hoping to get my chef on and cook up some delicious recipes, including baked goods (need my sweets somehow ;)). 

Well that's all for now. Onto the next adventure! I'll let you know what it is when I find out :P

Eat Well,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment