Choose Your Own Adventure

We are doing something new! From now on this will serve as an arts blog. As a dancer, I've never really enjoyed dance magazines because of the "fluff" articles in them. Through this blog I will review arts shows, interview artists, feature articles about arts politics, trends, and work going on in Halifax, NS, and the world!

Saturday 2 January 2016

2016

I've always been of the opinion that a resolution can be made any time, any situation, and you don't need an occasion to make a change in your life. However, as I do very often throughout the year, I have decided to make some resolutions. One goal being to move out of my parents place by the end of this year (at the latest). Another is the never ending re-evaluation of my physical health. To make a better commitment towards my health, I have decided to undergo a 5 Day Raw Food Cleanse!

Basically a raw food cleanse, at least how I'm doing it, is eating raw vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and completely cutting out cooked food, meat, dairy, and any processed food. It's going to pretty intense for me, as I've only ever done a 3 Day Smoothie Cleanse before. I'm a little nervous, but I've made some big preparations so be successful in this adventure.

Here is my grocery list for this week:

-spinach
-lettuce
-kale
-zucchini
-red onion
-fresh cilantro
-bell peppers
-celery
-pineapple
-mango
-grapefruit
-apples
-avocado
-tomato
-bananas
-ginger
-broccoli
-carrots
-cucumber
-lemon
-kiwi
-tangerines
-almonds
-pecans
-sunflower seeds
-pumpkin seeds
-chia seeds
-coconut water

If you decide to do one of these cleanses I'd advise to over estimate the amount of food you will eat rather than under estimate. I'll be eating a ridiculous amount of all of these things so better safe than sorry! Through this little adventure I'll give you more recipes, updates, and insight into what adventures are coming up next! 

Enjoy!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment