Choose Your Own Adventure

We are doing something new! From now on this will serve as an arts blog. As a dancer, I've never really enjoyed dance magazines because of the "fluff" articles in them. Through this blog I will review arts shows, interview artists, feature articles about arts politics, trends, and work going on in Halifax, NS, and the world!

Sunday 3 January 2016

Raw Food Cleanse DAY 1

I'm thinking this cleanse will be a really good way to get back on top of my eating habits. I didn't realize how often I would reach for cheese and crackers to snack on or leftover holiday treats! It's kind of cool because I'm not ignoring those food cravings, I'm just redirecting them to something within the limits I gave myself this week. 

Raw veggies are intense! Just having all these foods with high acidity is not something I'm used to. Normally I'd cook these foods, but now I'm appreciating their full flavour.

This morning I woke up and had a yummy Peppermint Amour tea from David's Tea (where I work), and a cleansing pineapple smoothie:

-pineapple
-celery
-cucumber
-ginger root
-half a lemon
-coconut water

This stuff put me on for a while. For lunch I had guacamole stuffed bell peppers and man that was tasty, but a lot of chewing haha. Dinner will be a spinach salad with guacamole "dressing."




Basically since returning from my big European adventure, I didn't have very much to look forward to career-wise. Now I have a job at David's Tea, which brings in more cash, but it's not fulfilling me as an artist. So over Christmas I was contemplating what to do about it. I have many plans to create work for myself this year, and this new outlook on my physical health is part of that! I creating this board to help make this stuff more engaging and fun to track. I've never really had much luck or fun on online food trackers, so this board is my own, more flexible, and creative way to do this!

Well we shall see how I feel tomorrow!

Eat Well,
G


No comments:

Post a Comment